Personal Assistance Services (PAS)
SERVICES ARE PROVIDED THROUGH:
- Act 150 and the Attendant Care Waiver Program
For people 18-59 who are able to direct and manage their own care with activities of daily living such as: bathing, dressing, ambulating, eating, personal hygiene, and meal preparation. Laundry, cleaning, and personal chores can also be provided. Counties include Allegheny, Butler, Westmoreland, Indiana, and Armstrong.
- Community Services Program for Persons with Physical Disabilities (CSPPPD)
Provides specialized services for people with developmental disabilities other than mental retardation.
2 Categories of Personal Assistance Services (PAS)
- Trained Personal Care Workers (PCW) are employees of TRCIL’s PAS Department.
- TRCIL PAS Department conducts in-home introduction between PCW and the consumer.
- Introduction includes the review of consumer’s service plan and consumer’s preferences.
- The consumer is the employer.
- TRCIL acts as a payroll agent by processing timesheets; issuing pay checks to the Personal Assistant; obtaining Worker’s Compensation insurance, and paying payroll taxes to the Federal, State, and Local authorities.
- TRCIL acts as a Fiscal Agent under the Internal Revenue Service code.
For a description of Waiver Services, visit: http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/ServicesPrograms/MedicalAssistance/SuppServWaivers/.
For waiver eligibility inquiries, contact MAXIMUS at 1.877.550.4227 or visit http://www.maximus.com/services/health/long-term-care.
For questions regarding Agency-Model Personal Assistance Services, contact Susan Phillips, PAS Program Manager, at ext. 172.
For questions regarding Consumer-Model Fiscal/Employer Agent, contact Monique Smith, F/EA Program Manager, at ext. 186.