Living Well With A Disability Healthy Living Programs
Living Well With A Disability Accessible Fitness Center
As a key component of the Living Well With A Disability program, TRCIL added an accessible fitness center located at the Pittsburgh Headquarters. The former Sunroom has been transformed into a fully-accessible fitness center furnished with state-of-the art accessible gym equipment.
With a free membership, Living Well consumers can work out with TRCIL’s on-staff Certified Personal Trainer, who has experience working with people with all types of disabilities. The equipment includes:
- 2 Flexicisers for movement therapy
- Magnum Advantage Trainer- a 4-station universal system for weight-training and resistance exercises
- BH Hi*Power Treadmill featuring calorie count, pulse, speed, distance and incline settings
- Magnum Upper Body Ergometer which offers aerobic, cardiac and resistance exercises with multiple features
- Power Block weights
- Magnum-Smith weight machine
- Elliptical Trainer
- wii Sports
- Parallel bars
- Seated shoulder press
- Leg curl/leg extension equipment
- Horizontal leg press
- Recumbent bicycle
- a multitude of resistance tubes, free weights, stretch bands, fitness body balls and DVD’s (including wheelchair exercises)
Living Well With A Disability Health Promotion Program
To complement the Living Well With A Disability Accessible Fitness Center, TRCIL offers a health promotion program. The 10-session workshop includes: goal-setting; problem-solving; how to deal with frustration, stress and anxiety; and physical activity, healthy eating, and nutrition. Workshops are offered quarterly.
Living Well With A Disability “Healthy, Delicious, Easy Cooking”
TRCIL offers “Healthy, Delicious, Easy Cooking” classes. Classes are held once per month focusing on learning new ways to make recipes healthier and utilizing adaptive cooking tools. Participants are also given recipes, articles and tips on healthy living. At the end of each class, participants fellowship and enjoy the prepared meal.
For more information about any of the Living Well With A Disability Healthy Living Programs, call 1-877-TO-LIV-WELL (1-877-865-4893) or TTY 412-371-6230 or visit www.livingwellwithadisability.org.