Fiscal / Employer Agent (F/EA)
This program is funded by the Office of Long Term Living
WHAT IS A VENDOR FISCAL/EMPLOYER AGENT (F/EA)?
An F/EA is a private entity that may work with the consumer/participant in order that they may hire consumer-model Personal Care Workers. The F/EA will:
- Receive, disburse and track funds on behalf of the participant.
- Prepare and distribute payroll including filing taxes.
- Prepare workers’ compensation and other insurance as required.
- Train all consumer/participants to be employers.
- Assist with completing consumer/participant enrollment and worker enrollment forms.
- Conduct criminal background checks for all potential Personal Care Workers.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE PARTICIPANT/CONSUMER?
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule and retain Personal Care Workers.
- Ensure that the appropriate number of Personal Care Workers are hired.
- Supervise the Personal Care Workers’ daily activities.
- Ensure that the Personal Care Worker uses the consumer-control model.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PERSONAL CARE WORKER?
- Assist consumer/participant with authorized Assisted Daily Living (ADL) needs and homemaking tasks.
- Practice consumer-model approach.
- Complete all timesheets and documentation per F/EA standards.
- Attend training as required by consumer.
TRCIL’s F/EA Department serves: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Clarion, Crawford, Clearfield, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Somerset , Venango, Warren, Washington and Westmoreland counties.
TRCIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment actions are made without regard to race, sex, age, or disability.
For more information, contact Monique Smith, F/EA Program Manager at ext. 186 or our F/EA Coordinators at ext. 145 or ext. 135.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.—4:30 p.m.