Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF)
“Independence is priceless…We make it affordable.” The Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF) provides a way for people with disabilities to buy the Assistive Technology devices they need through affordable loans.
Assistive Technology is any device or service which helps a person with a disability live more independently and productively.
Assistive Technology Devices include:
- Cars and vans which have or need specialized equipment so a person with a disability can drive or ride in it
- Specialized equipment to be installed in a car or van
- Computers with special software or hardware
- Ramps and wider doorways so you can get into and move about your home
- Hearing, vision, and communication aids
Assistive Technology Services include:
- Training to use Assistive Technology devices
- Maintenance and/or repair of an Assistive Technology device
The Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF) offers:
- Lower interest rates that those you can get from a bank
- Help from the PATF to get a loan if our bank will not approve your loan application
Who can apply for a loan?
- Any Pennsylvania resident with a disability or older Pennsylvanian who needs Assistive Technology may be eligible for a loan.
- Family members may apply for children or for other family members with a disability.
How much can I borrow?
- You may request a loan of up to $60,000.
What is the interest rate of these loans?
- Interest rates are lower than those available from banks.
- Interest rates will change from time to time, so you should ask for the current rate when you apply for a loan.
How much time will I have to pay off the loan?
- This depends upon the type of Assistive Technology you purchase with you loan. For example, loans for computers must be paid off in three years, while loans for new adapted cars or vans must be paid off in seven years.
Mini Loan/Mini Grant:
The Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation offers a Mini Loan for purchasing Assistive Technology devices that cost between $100 and $1,000. Applicants may have up to three years to pay off this loan. To apply for the Mini Loan, you may use the same application as the Low Interest Loan.
For more information or for a contact locally,call 412-371-7700 or TTY 412-371-6230.
To contact PATF: Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation, 1004 West 9th Ave 1st Fl, King of Prussia PA 19406
Contact the PATF Toll Free at: (Voice) 888-744-1938 or 484-674-0506; (TTY) 877-693-7271; (Fax) 484-674-0510