Services and Programs
- INDEPENDENT LIVING SKILLS TRAINING - Develop the skills needed to live independently.
- INFORMATION AND REFERRAL – Provide referral for specific services offered by TRCIL or other agencies.
- ADVOCACY (Individual and Systems Change) – Work to address discrimination issues and promote systems change.
- PEER SUPPORT – Provide one-to-one informal support and advice.
- TRANSITIONING – Facilitates move toward community based living.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
- HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES - Provide service coordination for individuals receiving Medicaid Waiver Services living in their own home in the community.
- OPTIONS/PRIVATE PAY PROGRAM – Help in the home with daily living activities such as: Home Supports and Personal Care. Home Supports: light cleaning, laundry, meal prep and shopping. Personal Care: bathing and grooming.
- ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY & EQUIPMENT (AT) – Obtain equipment and devices needed to be independent such as: ramps, wheelchairs, walkers, and other assistive technology devices.
- COMMUNICATION – Provide interpreter services and other services for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, non-verbal, etc.
- LIBRARY – Provide information on disabilities, education, and internet research.
- ACCESSIBLE FITNESS CENTER - Free gym for people with disabilities.
- DEVELOPMENT and PUBLIC RELATIONS – Coordinate marketing, public relations, fundraising activities, and community education and outreach.
- YOUTH IN TRANSITION PROGRAM (YTP) - Provide youth with disabilities one-on-one and group training to address skills needed to transition from high school to higher education, employment and/or independent living. Provides ongoing referral and informational supports to youth, families, schools, agencies, and community members. Provides a monthly newsletter related to transition with local events, resources, and advocacy opportunities. To recieve the newsletter or to learn more about the Youth in Transition program please email Matt Berwick, Independent Living Youth Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-371-7700 ext. 223.